Chad Reed would take the lead on the opening lap of the 20 lap A-Main in Anaheim, California and never look back as he scored his second win of the season and the 33rd victory of his career.

"That was a blast," Reed commented. "I didn’t feel awesome all day – it didn’t feel great. It’s just awesome to be around for a few years and just attack the whoops. This bike feels awesome in the whoops; love this bike there. I wasn’t going to be the fastest guys – I was going to be the best in setting it up and getting out there."

The win tonight also puts Reed in elite category as he becomes only the fourth different rider to have eight wins in Anaheim, joining James Stewart, Jeremy McGrath and Ricky Carmichael.

Rookie Ken Roczen finished second after challenging Reed for the lead at the halfway mark through the whoops, and then once again on the final lap.

"I don’t think I’m disappointed," Roczen said. "Overall, it was a good race. Tried to push it that last lap but got a lapper in between us. Overall, I'm happy with my performance tonight."

Ryan Villopoto would round out the podium to keep the points lead.

"The track was so slippery and really, the holes were starting to come out," the three-time champion commented. "I tried to keep the gap close there but it slipped away there. leaving the west coast on top is good."

Justin Barcia and Weston Peick rounded out the top five. 

Joe Gibbs Racing rider Justin Brayton finished sixth, followed by Andrew Short and James Stewart. Stewart had to fight back after going down with nine laps to go. Weimer and Tedesco rounded out the top 10.

Ryan Dungey was running inside of the top five when he would go down through the whoops, causing front end damage to his bike. Mike Alessi also found troubles when his bike stalled on lap three.

“I got a good start. I was third or fourth – riding great. Going into the rythem section, it completely stopped," Alessi explained. "Found out afterwards that the brake locked up. This season has been really weird for me. We’re going to come back strong.” 

Roczen and Stewart won the qualifiers, while Jimmy Albertson and Barcia won the semis. Moss would win the Last Chance Qualfier.

When it came to the Supercross Lites West, it was Dean Wilson taking the win after struggling to start off the season.

“I was so happy. When I crossed that finish line, I burst into tears," Wilson said. "It’s been a tough struggle for me. it feels so great to win. It was shaping up to be an awesome race and Seely got caught up in the lappers. Its been a lot of hard work and it feels so great."

Cole Seely finished second after leading the first 12 laps of the 15 lap event. Seely went down with three laps to go trying to get by a lapped-rider in the whoops, which allowed Wilson to get by. Rookie Cooper Webb finished third followed by Justin Hill.

Jason Anderson came back to finish fifth after going down mid-race due to contact with Malcolm Stewart. Anderson continues to sit atop the standings, now tied with Seely for the points lead.

Stewart and Wilson won the qualifiers.

Osbourne was unable to compete tonight due to injuring his right shoulder and collarbone during training.

NEXT EVENT: February 8th in San Diego, California