With seven laps to go, Ryan Villopoto would get underneath Justin Brayton and get by before cruising to his first win of the season. It marks the 35th career win for the three-time champion.

“It’s good," Villopoto said. "It’s a good start to the season. When you get a win, it’s good for momentum, for me, for the team. We worked hard. We went back and worked on the rear shocks and made it better. Can’t thank everyone enough.” 

With the win, Villopoto holds a one point lead over Ryan Dungey as Villopoto looks for his fourth straight championship.

Justin Brayton would come home second after leading the opening half of the event for his first podium finish since March 2012.

“Just a lot of hard work," Brayton said. "The whole team is the same as last year. everybody just did a lot of hard work. Thanks to everyone at JGR.”

Ryan Dungey completed the podium for his second straight podium finish after finishing second last weekend.

“It’s consistent but winning is what we really need to do this year," Dungey said. "We just couldn’t capitalize on it. got shuffled around there in the beginning, which shouldn’t had happened. but overall it was a good ride. All the guys did an awesome job. We’ll move forward from here."

James Stewart finished fourth followed by Justin Barcia. Barcia was in the fight for the win, till he had a little slip while battling Brayton, allowing the others to close the gap. In the midst of the battle for the lead at lap eight with Brayton, Dungey and Barcia, Barcia made contact with Ken Roczen's front wheel, causing Roczen to go down. The rookie Roczen was able to back on his bike and come back to finish sixth. Roczen won last week's event in dominating fashion. He currently sits third in points, three points behind Villopoto.

Andrew Short finished seventh followed by Tickle, Reed and Moss. 

Weimer won the first heat of the night after getting the holeshot, though found himself finishing in the teens in the 20 lap main.

"I definitely think I am on the right track," Weimer said after his heat win. "I got great people behind me. I think I am on the right track. We had a tough weekend last week so looking to have a good week this week.”

Dungey won the second heat of the night after getting the holeshot, as well. 

Peick and Short won the Semis while Friese won the LCQ.


In the West Coast Supercross Lites 250cc, it was Jason Anderson going back-to-back as he would once again pull the last lap pass on Cole Seely for the win.

“I’m in it," Anderson said. "I’m not going to let this slip away. I knew I had to stay on him all race long. Those late passes aren’t planned – I want to lead a race from start to finish, but it’s tough when you have guys like Seely and Webb. I’m on it and it shows in my strength.” 

Cole Seely led 14 of the 15 laps (for the second straight week) before settling for second.

“I’ve been having a little stomach issues all day and halfway through the race, I started to feel my gut there," Seely said. "Once again, Jason stuck a wheel in there and I can’t blame him. I made a mistake.” 

Osbourne and Wilson finished third and fourth.

Wilson and Anderson won the heats while Durham won the LCQ.

A scary moment during the night happened when the red flag was displayed during the LCQ when Shawn Reinhart and Kevin Weisbruch both went down. It was reported via twitter that Weisbruch is in the ICU with a crushed wind pipe and larynx. 


OF NOTE: Eli Tomac missed this week's event due to a shoulder injury sustained last weekend. He is planning to be back in a couple weeks at Oakland.

OF NOTE 2: Rookie Cole Webb struggled in the 250cc as he would go down twice, despite having one of the quickest bikes in the field for the night.